Mariposa offers group therapy sessions in a supportive peer environment to strategically teach, practice, and master developmentally age-appropriate skills with highly qualified pediatric therapists. Speech, Occupational, Physical Therapy, Social/Pragmatics, and Feeding goals can all be addressed during the following types of therapy group sessions:
- Autism Social Skills (teen or young adult with autism)
- Twice-Exceptional Students
- Feeding Therapy (3-5 years old or 6-9 years old or 10-14 years old)
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Goals are sometimes best achieved in a collaborative, small therapy group setting. Group therapy helps to generalize skills once they are introduced during individualized sessions. Additional benefits of group therapy include:
- Ability to practice skills in a natural environment
- Increase awareness of skills
- Helping or teaching a peer can be a very effective way to learn
- Turns goals into habits that translate outside of the therapy room
- Natural opportunities to practice skills with peers is the most meaningful
- Peer modeling and feedback
- Build confidence through natural reinforcement of skills
- Increase effective participation at school and in the community
If your child would benefit from group therapy, please contact us to schedule an assessment. An evaluation will identify your child’s strengths and weaknesses. The evaluation uses standardized testing, informal clinical observations, parent input, and physician information to determine the next steps.
Mariposa Therapy Services is contracted by the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). We are also contracted with numerous private insurance companies. Our state-of-the-art clinic facility in Tempe provides a fun and safe space to grow by offering the best facilities and most innovative treatments, all under the guidance of skilled therapists.
If your child needs small group therapy, we don’t want to go through it alone.
Take a peek at our new clinic
Mariposa’s state-of-the-art clinic facility in Tempe provides a fun and safe space to grow, by offering the best facilities and most innovative treatments all under the guidance of skilled speech and occupational therapists.